Saturday, June 21, 2008

Go Team Pumpkin!


My mother-in-law signed us up to do a charity walk for epilepsy today. We met my brother-in-law and his family at PNC Park and proudly donned our bright orange shirts to embark on what she told us was a 2 mile walk. Thus, Team Pumpkin was born. Right at the start of the race, my mother-in-law decided her foot hurt too much to walk so she found a seat and sent us on our way. We started close to the back of the pack and about 10 minutes in, came upon a sign that said "5 K this way." And that's when we realized it wasn't a 2 mile walk.


I'm not really embarassed to say that we finished the race next to last. The kids wanted to play in the fountain, they wanted to run and my brother-in-law wanted to take lots of pictures. We were passed by people on crutches, people in electric wheelchairs, people who got out of their wheelchairs to finish the race on their feet; basically, we were passed by everyone. But we had a lot of fun and it was for a good cause so I have no complaints.


For my scrapbooking offering today, I lifted some cards that Nora Griffin had on her blog earlier this week. I think it's a darn cute idea:



Now if I could only find someone who has a birthday soon!

2 comments:

*Paula* said...

Now that is one super cute card! Hey, my birthday is in August ;) And yes, I still have your card sitting here, I will mail it any day now. Promise!

She Who Waits... said...

Ha! I just scraplifted that card from Nora too...although mine is for a belated birthday at this point! Oh btw...I saw your LO in a magazine the other day...I can't remember if it was MM or what but way to go : )