Thursday, September 18, 2008

I think that coincidence is a weird thing

For the last 2 days I have been composing a blog post in my head about friendship bracelets I used to make. It was my first foray into anything crafty and I was darn good at it. I wove these elaborate, beautiful bracelets in highschool strictly for the purposes of selling them at Grateful Dead concerts. Where I came to a block in remembering this story is whether or not I ever sold any. I honestly don't remember. Now that is not because I was in a drug induced haze back then, I was, for the most part, a very good girl, but still, I can't remember ever selling a single bracelet. And I made hundreds of them. I wonder what happened to them. I went to a lot of Grateful Dead concerts over the years. And I also don't remember why this idea for a post popped into my head the other day, but memory is a weird thing sometimes.


It's all the more weird because the Obama campaign just announced that the surviving members of the Dead are reuniting for a concert at Penn State next month. Obama. Grateful Dead. Penn State. It's a trifecta. I'm going to go look in my mom's attic to see if those bracelets are up there. Do you think anyone wears friendship bracelets these days?

2 comments:

Vivian Masket said...

I made a zillion of those things, too! Not quite as many as you, but still! I think you are destined to find them very soon!

Scrap for Joy said...

My daughter made lots of them (remember that I'm lots older than you!). I would never have taken you for a Dead Head....both of our boys are still fans and somewhere on my blog is a picture of our sweet faced grandson wearing a hysterical t-shirt that says "I miss Jerry". Makes me laugh every time I see it. Never think that your blog isn't seen...some of us are just lazy commenters! I miss seeing you-where do you shop now? Sometimes we go up to Butler but mostly I shop on-line. It's just not the same. Take care
~Joyce