Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I'm going to take a moment for some self-indulgent whining

and it's not what you might expect.

I had a great day today! I was in a fabulous mood when I left work and then... Charlie poked in the locker room at karate. For 20 minutes. That put a dent in my mood. And then when we went to leave karate, we were blocked by a delivery truck for another 20 minutes. At this point, my mood definitely pointed south. We got home at 6:00 (!) where I had to start dinner and I promptly spilled the entire container of freshly grated parmesan cheese all over the floor. Then the kids called me to Grace's room where I discovered the cat had thrown up all over her bed. Not just a little. The really really gross soak through the sheets into the mattress kind. And after cleaning that up, I went into my bedroom to change my clothes and discovered the dog had chewed up my favorite shirt.

So by the time the nice gentleman with the Fraternal Order of Police called to ask me if I wanted to donate some money to the cause, I have to say I wasn't overly friendly. Not rude but definitely curt. I guess it wasn't his day either.

On a positive note, my husband is doing the dishes tonight for the first time in my memory and I am polishing off the remainder of the bottle of wine we didn't drink last night. It can only get better, right?

No comments: