Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Snow day!

But brrr.... it's cold out there. Charlie lasted 6 minutes. Grace braved it for a little bit longer but after 20 minutes she was back inside. I didn't deem either of those times enough to have earned hot chocolate but they weren't willing to bundle up and try again. When my brother and sister and I were growing up, my mom always wrapped bread bags around our feet before we put snow boots on. We never got wet feet! Do people still do this?


Unfortunately, this snow day caught me unprepared and the pantry quite bare. Even barer than normal because I went through a cleaning frenzy yesterday and threw away several thousand boxes of stale carbohydrates and all items of questionable origin and/or expiration. So I'm thinking it might be nutella and Ritz crackers for lunch. Mmmmmm.... doesn't that sound delicious? I could probably throw a fried egg on top. On second thought, it might be better to save the fried egg idea for dinner.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Glad to see you back! Never heard of the bread bag idea but I can see how it works.

I absolutely LOVE nutella with ritz crackers!! Unfortunatly I gave Nutella up for Lent.....

Vivian Masket said...

Ooh! I want to come over for lunch!