Tuesday, February 13, 2007

First things first

This was my entry for the Why do you Scrapbook contest at Two Peas. It got no love. I'm getting used to that. I like it anyway.


And this is the fabulousness I received from my Secret Cupid at Two Peas. In about 15 minutes, I am going to start playing with all of that. So much MME and Heidi Swapp goodness mixed in there!


This is the view from my dining room window. The kids and I had to go out in that earlier. I foolishly thought I should go into work and at least check my messages, bring some work home, you know, the stuff I get paid to do. The phones weren't working because of the snowstorm. We got stuck in the middle of a standoff between a garbage truck, a fire truck, a narrow road and a lot of ice. It was not pretty but everyone emerged unscathed. And the kids got pizza from the whole deal. But we're not leaving the house again.

And this is what we have been enjoying ever since we got home. Well, I have been enjoying it while the kids have been creating the world's biggest Pirate ship out of pillows, blankets, bedspreads and towels. Yeah, Charlie is grounded from tv and gameboy because of the whole carrot incident so they've been using their surprisingly violent imaginations instead. I'm glad I'm not a scurvy cod because whoever he is, he sounds like he's getting the worst of it.
Justin was determined to go to work and determined to stay the whole day through despite the snow emergency declared for our region. His employers felt otherwise and thankfully shut the whole place down. Still, he was the last one out of the building. We expect him through the door in approximately 5 minutes and 34 seconds (33, 32, 31 - not that I'm counting or anything) to take the kids sled riding.
I'm crossing my fingers and my toes that the schools are closed again tomorrow and that we don't have to venture out in the morning. I am the chairperson for Gracie's Valentine's Day party so even if all of the districts are closed, if the college is open, her school will be in session and we will have to go. As of right now, the college is closed through tonight so hopefully that's a sign of things to come. Not that I don't love Valentine's parties or anything. I just love snow days more!


No comments: