Sunday, February 11, 2007

I am in a bad mood

and one of the things I often do when I'm in a bad mood is to go on a cleaning frenzy. It's actually unfortunate that it doesn't happen more often. So far I've washed the walls in the dining room and kitchen, scrubbed down the kitchen cabinets and appliances, scrubbed the floor under the cabinets and appliances, cleaned out one kitchen cabinet and one junk drawer. My mood has not improved but it doesn't seem to be fueling the cleaning frenzy as much as before. I hope it lasts long enough to finish the bathroom.

Justin is hiding in the basement as he is the source of my bad mood and whenever he wanders too close to me, I am apt to start lecturing him again of the error of his ways. I'm quite sure that it's not an effective technique but it serves the dual purpose of letting me get it out and sending him back to the basement. Like I said, I am very rarely in a bad mood so none of us are really sure of the protocol.

Di-di, one of my Siamese cats is also in a bad mood. He has been on a rampage for several days and one of the things he likes to do when he is mad is eat photographs. He has an uncanny ability to seek them out; he must smell the chemicals or something and then he is relentless until he finds one. He will knock them off the refrigerator, climb onto a bookshelf and try to chew through a picture album. Luckily, the vet prescribed some kitty prozac for when he gets into these moods and I gave him one a little bit ago. Now he is sitting on the bed, stoned out of his mind. Don't think the idea hasn't crossed my mind.

No comments: