Friday, February 23, 2007

Very good mail day


And that warrants a second post.
I'm notoriously bad at actually ordering anything on the internet. I upload pictures and then let them sit there. I fill shopping carts and then wander away to other sites. But last Sunday I actually got some gumption and follow-through and "checked out" my waiting carts at several sites. The end result... a huge pile of new pictures to scrapbook... all the way back to Christmas! And three new books that have been waiting forlornly in my cart at Amazon for months... Motif for Murder (please don't judge me, I'm apparently a sucker for badly written scrapbooking mysteries), the Digital Rebel XT Field Guide and the Artist's Way. And bad bad me, we got stuck in a traffic jam after taking my mother to the airport and I passed the time by reading in traffic. Gulp. But we really were at a dead stop due to 2 accidents blocking the road so that's not quite as bad a violation is it?
So it looks to be a good weekend to snuggle up and read and scrapbook. My house doesn't necessarily think it's a good weekend for this if you were to judge by its general state of chaos and untidiness but that is why God invented boxes... to hide the messy stuff while mama plays with glue.
One small, teeny tiny mama brag. I think my son is a very very smart boy. It's unseemly to talk about that sort of stuff so I try not to get into those conversations or talk about what he's doing too much when other moms start comparing. But still... sometimes we wonder and worry. Today I was at the school for his rescheduled Valentine's Day party and his teacher pulled me aside to ask me about his pre-school program, whether we were sending our daughter there, and were we pleased with it. And then she said those words a mother longs to hear... he was more prepared than anyone else coming into school this year. And that he is doing "really really" well. Shake your head kind of well. Awesome news! Almost as cool as when we discovered that the little girl who he has a crush on handmade him a Valentine that says "I {heart} you inside." Good day indeed.

No comments: