Monday, December 3, 2007

Snuggle up Monday

Today's prompt was Christmas cards. I knew I save the cards from last year for a reason!


I accidentally skipped yesterday's blog challenge from Two Peas. Hot chocolate or egg nog? Perhaps I skipped it because it's beneath my dignity to acknowledge the presence of the word egg nog in the same sentence as the word chocolate. Which actually should probably be capitalized. Chocolate. That's better.


And today's question is: What is your favorite holiday dish? This is a tough one but I always make a caramelized onion, blue cheese and walnut pizza on Christmas Eve. It is yummy! One year I didn't make it because I thought I was the only one who liked it and I was met with howls of protest and I think Justin ended up going to the store and we made it at the last minute. So yeah, yummy.


We are home again today. Everyone is feeling under the weather. Well except for Justin who insists he is going to get a motel room tonight so he isn't exposed to our germs. He has an abnormal fear of germs. But really, he is missing the Scooby Doo marathon and frankly, it is worth being sick just to get to watch Scooby Doo all day. And eat our own version of Scooby snacks.


The kids are so excited about the advent boxes. They are loving the activities we do together and the chocolate in the morning doesn't hurt. So happy to have made a new holiday tradition!


And just in case you are interested, Shimelle is still taking sign-ups for Journal Your Christmas. If 12 more people sign up, there will be 1000 people in the class! It has been fantastic so far, it really has contributed to our goal of slowing down and savoring this season. You can sign up here: http://www.shimelle.com/classes


Happy Monday!

No comments: