Monday, December 31, 2007

It's almost time!

For a new computer? That's for certain as I do not have enough memory left to upload one single photo or scan one more layout. That problem will be resolved later this week.


But really, it's almost time for the new year! Are you ready with your resolutions? I am going to post my list tomorrow - it's all about accountability this year. On that note, I am also embarking on two new year-long projects that are sure to provide much future blog material.


First, Justin and I are going to cook through the Nigella Express cookbook this year. Yep, that means we are going to cook every single recipe, even the 27 seafood recipes, which should be a delightful challenge as I don't eat seafood. I guess I do now!


Next, I am taking my friend Francine up on her challenge to join Project 365 - taking a photo every single day. Come to think of it, I may start a separate blog for this but that is a decision to be made tomorrow. Stay tuned! You can get more information about Project 365 here: http://photojojo.com/content/tutorials/project-365-take-a-photo-a-day/


And finally, do you have your one little word ready? I first heard about this concept on Ali Edward's blog and my friend Marci (http://makearteveryday.blogspot.com/) convinced me that I needed to try it this year. So, my word for 2008 is FOCUS. That seems a bit odd considering the scattered nature of this post doesn't it? But it's a very appropriate word this year because Justin and I very recently decided that I will not be returning to full-time work when Grace starts kindergarten in the fall. Instead, I am going to pursue a dream and as everyone knows, pursuing a dream means a lot of focus. More on this later!

So that's it! I hope you have a very fun, safe New Year's Eve. If you are making any resolutions or you have a word to share, leave a comment!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I like FOCUS a lot. I keep thinking of words but come up with sentences!! Happy New Year!!!