Saturday, December 22, 2007

When good men get sick at Christmas time

it's never pretty for their wives. My dad has strep throat and Justin has a cold and my mom and I are trudging alone through the last minute to-do lists. I hope Justin is feeling better tomorrow though because I draw the line at buying my own Christmas present.


I had the brilliant idea to organize my scrapbook stuff last night after wrapping most of the presents. I spent hours (or did it only seem that way?) lugging things to the table, Justin's eyes getting a little bit bigger with every trip, until he finally had to say it. "You have a lot of scrap crap."


Well yes, yes I do. And I had bags of kits and class materials from two years just sitting in the closet - all containing even more "stuff" that needed to be sorted and integrated into my regular stash. After several hours of this, I realized two things: 1) I am going to need to get a lot of new storage containers after Christmas and 2) I never need to buy scrapbook supplies again. Ever. At about 1 am, Justin started to complain that I was keeping him up (he was sleeping on the couch because of the aforesaid cold which means he can't lie down to sleep. Are all men like this when they get sick?) so after hours of organizing, I just started throwing things back in bags and hid it all on the porch. A well conceived idea from start to finish.


Santa, if you are reading this, I really need a bookshelf for Christmas. With very tall shelves. Thank you!

No comments: