Thursday, April 5, 2007

It was nice while it lasted



The wonderful weather stuck around much longer than I expected but today winter is back. Sigh. It's cold, gray, snowy and my daffodils and pink whachamacallits are wilted and sad. It's to stay like this through Easter so that pink sleeveless dress I bought for Grace isn't looking like such a great idea right about now.
I am home from work with her today, her asthma has been acting up. So I made Charlie's birthday invitations - I'm not going to post them because I think they might contain a copyright violation (!) but they're plenty cute. He picked an alien theme and I think we're going to have some fun with that!
He seems to be feeling better. At any rate, I sent him back to school yesterday and he visits the nurse a couple times a day to get it checked out. It was surprising how hard that was. He and I were attached at the hip basically from Saturday night through yesterday morning and the moment I had to put him on the bus, I almost cried for missing him. I'm looking forward to the 4 day weekend and lots of family time.
And since this has essentially become my journal, I'll mark this morning as 1 month since I started my diet and 12 lbs. down today. I think I'm going to have to go buy some new clothes before CKU because all of my jeans are already falling down. Okay, I guess I could just buy a new belt but that wouldn't be so much fun!

No comments: