Monday, April 23, 2007

Where do I begin?


With CKU I guess. Of course the picture is the fabulous Tim Holz who is a fantastic teacher/enabler/salesman for Ranger. I decided I needed pretty much everything he used in his make and take and class and I spent half of my scrappin' budget on Ranger stuff this weekend. I'm not much of an assembly class (i.e. copy this layout/mini-book) but the Ranger technique instructionals were great.

And Ali's album track. Another big woo hoo! Loved it, loved her, am thrilled with the final product. We liberal scrappers have to stand together you know!

CKU in general... very very fun. It was great getting to meet so many people I've "met" on the Pub over this last year. I liked every single one of them (surprising!) and had a wonderful time with Brandy and her sweet momma. I would do it again if only for the album track and the Ranger classes - I would probably just get the kits and skip the other classes because, like I said, just not my thing. Bad thing: I gained 5 (FIVE!!!!!) pounds. I'm telling myself that I'm retaining water.

But what ends up being on my mind the most is the dr's appointment I had this afternoon. Did not go well. I mean, I appear to be healthy and all of that but he was very discouraging about another pregnancy. Discouraging would be an understatement. Bordering on apoplectic that we are even considering it is probably closer to the truth. Furious that Justin hasn't had a vasectomy. He said he was sorry but it is what it is and he's been around long enough to know when to say it's a minor health risk and long enough to know when to say it's a risk to my life. He told me in explicit detail what could and was likely to happen. But then he ended by saying that I need to schedule a consultation with the doctor who performed the last surgery so that she could give her final opinion. I guess I needed to hear it but it still wasn't a lot of fun. Justin wants to get the consultation scheduled so that he can get his procedure scheduled as soon as possible. Yesterday I thought I would be pregnant by the end of this summer. And today I know it's not going to happen.

No comments: