Sunday, April 1, 2007

What a difference a day makes

I've had some time to reflect on that over the last week or so. Justin has had some enormous changes at work, all good, and all completely unexpected.

And my little guy... yesterday we had a fabulous day. Went and bought new soccer shoes, ran around at the Easter egg hunt and he did awesome at his first soccer game of the season - 2 goals! And then when we got home, my mother-in-law came to visit and he began to complain that his ear hurt. He thought it was hit by a soccer ball. By 4:00 a.m. he was inconsolable and I took him into Children's Hospital where his eardrum promptly ruptured. He is plainly miserable. The good news is, he will be fine.

So we are setting aside our plans for the day, for the week really, and just settling in here. It's a gray, rainy day so it's for the best and he's pretty pleased he gets to play gameboy and watch videos all day. Sometimes I wonder if I'm too strict that he actually enjoys being sick so he can do those things he loves so much! Gracie is none too pleased she is not the center of attention but she'll survive too.

No comments: