Saturday, April 7, 2007

Random thoughts on Easter Saturday



Gracie was invited to a tea party today. I doubt there is anything that could make Gracie as excited as the idea of tea party (except getting to move to Disney) and it met all her expectations. It was at a tea shoppe and she got to drink strawberry lemonade from a china teacup. Little girl heaven.
....................................................................................................................................................................
There is nothing like an impending multi-day trip with no access to laundry to make one realize how few clothes one owns. I think I've mentioned before how much I hate clothes shopping. But I loaded Grace into the car before the party and we shopped a little bit. I got very little I actually needed but found a really cool jean jacket and some pajamas. Think that will get me through 5 days at CKU?
....................................................................................................................................................................
I heard on the radio it's National No Housework Day. Not at my house. The Easter bunny doesn't want to see a messy living room when he comes in to hide the eggs tonight. Plus Justin and I were apparently having a little battle of wills as to who was going to load the dishwasher after breakfast. I took off with Gracie to the store and was sure he would do it while we were gone. But nope - we got home and those breakfast dishes were still waiting. He won the battle.
....................................................................................................................................................................
Dying eggs is next on the to-do list. A couple years ago while watching old video-tapes, we discovered the video of Charlie dying eggs right before his 2nd birthday. We were horrified at ourselves because we really rushed him through it. It must have been late at night and it seemed like every other word was "okay, let's hurry up!" He seemed to be having a good time but this was heartbreaking for us to realize what we had done. Ever since, egg dying day has been a yearly reminder to slow down, savor the moments, let them take their time and appreciate the joy of their tender ages.
....................................................................................................................................................................
Charlie's on his 7th day of antibiotics and though he says his ear feels fine, I am not satisfied with the rate at which it is healing. I don't think I'll be waiting for the 2 week follow-up, he'll have to go back this week and probably get another round of medicine. We don't want to mess around with this, it was horrible for him, horribly scary for us and downright gross. It's still gross. And mama doesn't like gross.
....................................................................................................................................................................
And it's my 2nd favorite sports weekend of the year. The Masters Tournament. Some people seem surprised that I like to watch golf but I love this tournament - it's so beautiful, so unique, such fun to watch as they round Amen Corner. The kids aren't too happy about it being on tv though!

No comments: