Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The Class of 2019

I don't have a picture to share because I couldn't get a good shot in the gymnasium. But my little guy graduated from kindergarten today. I only cried a little bit; he was just so darn cute and happy up there. He's not so happy about leaving kindergarten behind so we are trying our hardest to put the best spin on it. We're taking him out for macaroni tonight and as far as he's concerned, that's just about the best thing in the whole world.

Otherwise, I'm pooped. The car is being packed for vacation tomorrow night and I work tomorrow so that means that I have to actually pack today. Which would mean doing laundry, organizing stuff, etc. Except my mom and I went grocery shopping. All afternoon. I don't know how that happened. The other problem with this scenario. Normally no big deal, stay up late and do the laundry, right? Except our dryer has now developed a high pitched squeak which can be heard across the entire neighborhood. Annoying in mid-afternoon. Unspeakable at night. Seriously considering packing dirty clothes and doing laundry when we get there.

And one little funny for the road. Grace and I were having a battle of wills the other night. It eventually came to a point where I asked her if she was going to apologize or start listening better. She replied "never I will." The girl gets to the point.

No comments: