Sunday, June 17, 2007

My Hatteras slideshow

Because I couldn't resist!








We love it so much, we actually stayed an extra day this time. We really, really didn't want to come home. Although Charlie was very homesick for his bed.

Funny thing... we got home, he got out of the car and played in the yard for two hours. Then he came in to look at his bed for 30 seconds and has been outside playing ever since. It could be because the house smells... well, it always smells, like an old man. (Something to do with the basement that we've never figured out how to remedy.) But add in that it's been closed up for 10 days, Justin turned off the water while we were gone leading to some really funky smell coming out of the dishwasher (?!!?), etc. So it stinks in here. I don't think that's why the kids are outside but it IS why I'd rather be outside. Justin unloaded the car and rushed off to his double-header soccer game(s) leaving me to deal with the smell. I have failed. Instead, I am playing with vacation pictures and wishing we were still there.

No comments: