Saturday, June 23, 2007

Reason # 754 to love summer




(because I don't always. You remember, the humidity and sweat thing?)


But today was a perfect summer day. We started off by surprising Justin with a complete set of flyfishing gear. I suggested it awhile ago, he was hesitant at the expense of a new hobby until he was invited to go to his boss' flyfishing camp last month and had to pass it up because he'd never done it before. We packed him up and sent him off to the stream for the day. I also bought all of his favorite stuff for dinner just in case he doesn't catch anything.

Then the kids and I headed to the park across the street to do a little bit of hiking and some letterboxing. It was supposed to be a 1 1/2 mile hike - a little bit long for Gracie - but it's a gorgeous day. Unfortunately, I took a wrong turn and it turned into a 3 mile hike. But those kids were such troopers! Gracie complained exactly once and otherwise, they just trudged along, admiring the scenery.

And then (the best part of the day?) we came home and Gracie was fussy so I put her down for a nap. And Charlie curled up on the couch and fell asleep. I scrapped until I made a horrible stamping gaffe and came here to clear my head before I try to figure out how to salvage the layout. Still, I'm filled with this sense of peace and contentment. Great day.

No comments: