Friday, June 1, 2007

Peonies and thunderstorms

It was just a strange birthday. Which seems appropriate for 34. We think Grace might have chicken pox (she doesn't have enough spots in the right places though?) so she went to my mom's. They picked me a bouquet of peonies from my great-grandmother's garden (transported in its entirety to my parents' home when her house was sold.) They are beautiful and are filling the house with fragrance.


And Justin cooked an incredible dinner. His kitchen stadium fantasies are growing exponentially. One of these days he just might challenge Bobby Flay to a throwdown.

But otherwise, strange. And I can't quite convey what about the day was strange other than everything just seemed a little bit off kilter. I loved being 33 so it might just be the idea that 34 is not 33. Huge thunderstorms rolled through right around dinner time and shook the house. The dog had an accident. Just strange.

We've made no plans for today. Charlie still has school for another 5 days so Grace and I can't plan anything too exciting lest he be left out. We'll probably take a walk and do some gardening and otherwise hide from the humidity inside.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Happy, happy Birthday, my friend!