Friday, June 29, 2007

Signing in after all

Yesterday was an insanely challenging day and I need to do a mind purge! I had high hopes for today but it seems like it is heading in a similar direction. Grace woke up in some kind of a mood and she has been niggling at her brother all morning. She is already in extended time-out, sitting on her bed screaming through the door at me. Love her spirit but sometimes...

So part of the bad thing about my profession is that I can't really vent when there is a bad day. I mean, I can vent to my dad (and he certainly returns the favor) but otherwise, it's got to be pretty generic. So I had a generically bad day yesterday. The craziness lasted well into the night. And I have to go back in to work today to deal with it some more.

We started CASA training last night too. Happily, it went well and that was not part of the crazy day. I hope this class graduates with a passion for the mission of CASA.

And to top it all off, we are going camping for the weekend and have done no preparation whatsoever. Well, we bought the food. So in between dealing with Gracie, parenting both kids, going to work, taming the chaos of the house, and getting Harry to the kennel (oh yeah, need to make kennel reservations, duh!) I have to dig out all the camping stuff and get it organized to go.

(Very small voice... do you think I can just hide in my room today and scrapbook instead?)

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Ay yi yi! That is busyness defined.