Sunday, June 17, 2007

Why didn't we

think to rent out our house for the US Open? We weren't here anyway. I hope Tiger pulls it out. And for the record, I think it is a travesty that they cut down those 5000 trees; the course looks naked. (And for whichever family members are reading this, I know there are a passle of you at this point :) that is absolutely no reflection on the stellar job being done by the grounds crew. I think we should all make Ryan teach us how to mow our grass in those very cool stripes.)

How's that for a hello and random US open thoughts? We listened to it on the radio the whole way home. There are people who think watching golf on tv is boring; can't imagine what they think about listening to it on the radio! But come on, it's a major, Tiger is in contention and it's being held in our backyard.

I feel like I should do a whole post about the vacation but that's probably the internet equivalent of a vacation slideshow. Plus, some of it's just un-bloggable. Certainly with you reading this blog now Nathan. Yes, I'm talking to you. The more some things change, the more other things don't.

So I'll limit it to the unsurprising thought that it was hard to come home. Not home as to "our home" but home as in western Pennsylvania. We had this moment, driving through the National Seashore, coming around some bend when the sound opens up at New River inlet when my heart just started to pound in my chest and the thought "we're home" started running through my head. And for sure, the very next time I have a half million dollars to play with, I will make it so.

Oh, and my husband lugged home 60 pounds of mahi mahi he hopes to consume over the next year. You are all invited over for dinner anytime.

No comments: