Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Fall is coming, fall is coming!

I am sitting in front of a window in my office watching a torrential downpour. It hasn't rained for weeks and this storm heralds a cold front finally moving through that will take the blasted 90 degree temperatures away. I told the kids that today would probably be the last day of summer clothes this year - usually I lament how soon after school starts that we have to put the shorts away but this year, I am finally ready for sweaters and jeans.


I am going to Canada on Friday and I'm panicking a bit about the getting ready part. I have car issues that need to be dealt with - an oil change, some electrical issues from the recent repair and a deep clean before I can let anyone else ride in it. And then there are the personal issues - haircut, new shoes, etc. so that I can appear to be respectable instead of overgrown and threadbare. And of all weeks, this week Grace is the "Top Banana" at her school which means special snack, special show and tell, guest reader, etc. which results in most of my free time being spent at the school. Oh, and we are going on her pumpkin patch field trip on Thursday. I'm sure we'll squeeze it all in, I just wish I didn't have that frantic "what's next?" feeling going on. (Well, I don't have that feeling while I'm work right now waiting for a client but then again, I'm not shoe shopping either.)


So this will likely be the last blog update until next week when I hope to return with many funny stories and many beautiful photos of the vineyards along Lake Erie.

1 comment:

Sara said...

I hope you have a FANTASTIC time in Canada! We've had the same weather--it's POURING here! Good luck getting through the week-have a GREAT time!