Thursday, October 25, 2007

Homer Simpson and jonah days

The day started off innocently enough. I got up early with Justin (who worked a 16 hour day yesterday and left early again today) to make pumpkin bread. Yum.


Then I got the kids up and prepared their cereal bowls only to be rewarded with howls of protest from my son. He is reading a book about bugs and it apparently says that there are weevils in cereal. He can't eat cereal anymore. He is boycotting things made in China and won't eat cereal anymore. Sweet.


Thursday is also library day and he couldn't find his library book. I insisted it was in his room, he was convinced it was in the car. He went to check and in the process let the cat out.


After all of this commotion, we are now too late to make it to the bus on time. Which means I have to wait to drop him off at school, get Grace to school 1/2 hour late and to work 45 minutes late. I am already dreading work today because of an unpleasant appointment in the afternoon. My cell phone started ringing about this appointment exactly 5 seconds after I turned it on when I got in the car.


I had a brief moment of delight at this point in the day. The radio station ran a quiz called "Who Said It? Homer J. Simpson or George W. Bush." As you might expect, George did not come out looking the wiser. My favorite GWB quote... "The problem with the French is that they don't have a word for entrepeneur." You can't make this stuff up.


So I am cruising along finally with a smile on my face when a jet black cat ran right in front of my car. I didn't hit it but geez, it seems kind of ominous given the day and time of year.


I have appointments for the rest of the day and evening and I'm hoping I don't drop a mirror or walk under any ladders in the meantime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.