Sunday, October 7, 2007

Rites of passage

Today Charlie will be inducted into the Steeler nation. He is going to his first game this afternoon and woke up this morning saying he was "heaps" excited. He has an official jersey but it is a Hines Ward jersey and his favorite player is Big Ben. He set out this t-shirt last night and put it on within 3 seconds of waking up. It's got Ben's name on the back. Notice that the sleeping cats in the background of the picture do not share Charlie's excitement.


The thermometer on my car should not read 101 degrees in the month of October. What a relief when it cooled down and showed that the temperature outside was only 90. The forecast says we have 2 or 3 more days of this but strangely, this morning it is very cool and overcast outside. Perfect football weather!


I've put some thought into what Gracie and I will do while the boys are off on their adventure and I've decided I'm going to introduce her to scrapbooking. Charlie was doing it by this age so I feel bad I haven't thought of it before. It should be an interesting exercise - she has a very defined sense of style and color. And I think we'll bake some banana bread if the cool, overcast hangs around. When I told her we were going to have a special mommy and Gracie day, she asked if we could watch tv. I think maybe we may have cut back on the tv time a little bit too much!

No comments: