Monday, October 15, 2007

I love this picture!


Scrapbooking is a very good thing.

Today did not turn out as anticipated. I got to the doctor to discover that my appointment was really scheduled for the afternoon. Not really enough time to justify going home, plus Grace wanted none of that. So, we took off up the mountain and this time I took her to my secret, sacred place. She was not as impressed with the bog as I had hoped but she did seem kind of interested in the pitcher plants. And she did seem to understand there was something special about my hidden treasure. We were walking back out of the woods and came to a spot on the path where the sunlight shown through the trees in a beautiful circle and she said "now we're back to our regular world." I think that's 4 year old for "we've left the sacred place."

Then, the doctor did end up having to biopsy another area but he doesn't seem overly concerned. Just a precaution this time. No anxiety at all.

And I had promised Charlie we would go for a walk after school so we headed off to a different park and picked a trail. I really had no idea how many parks and trails our little town holds. It's really a delightful surprise. The leaves aren't changing this year though. I don't know if it's because it's too warm or just a cyclical thing but they are staying green and hanging in there. But then suddenly, overnight almost, one tree will turn brown and the leaves all fall off. So, no stunning fall pictures from today's walk. And that's okay.

I'll catch up with life later this week. As long as I have clean underwear to wear to work tomorrow.

2 comments:

marci lambert said...

i love that pic too! i'm posting my stuff right now....

Francine said...

waaaaaaaa! Can you photoshop me in? lol Great pic! I need a copy :)