Tuesday, October 16, 2007

This will be a scrapbook page

but I need to write it down before I forget about it.


I have night terrors. Not all that often and it's not a big deal. Except maybe for Justin who has to deal with my screams of terror and push me back into a sleeping position. But that's not the point of this story. I didn't think the kids knew about this, I'm still not sure that they do because it really isn't a huge thing in our daily lives.


Last night I went to bed early. Earlier than the kids in fact. I was laying in bed just drifting off when I heard the door open and some little feet pad their way over to me. In a tiny voice, I heard Gracie say, "here mommy, take this." "What is it honey?" "It's a telescope mommy. It will keep the bad dreams away." And she handed me her plastic Pirates of the Caribbean telescope complete with skull and crossbones.


Tis not the end of the story. She closed the door and went out. But was back in about 30 seconds. "Here mommy. You need this piggy too." And so, the stuffed pink piggy helped to keep the bad dreams away last night.

No comments: