Saturday, October 27, 2007

Mars is in retrograde.

Ha! Little joke I have going with some friends. I heard on the radio last week that Mars is in retrograde which means that strange things happen. Although, when I googled it just now, it appears Mars doesn't actually go into retrograde until next week. And I don't even know what retrograde is. Or what kinds of strange things are supposed to happen. But it's a good explanation for strange stuff anyway.


Last soccer games of the year today and it was cold! Gracie scored her first goal in the very last second of the game. Big celebrations all around. Charlie has decreed that she is the queen.


And my quirky little man. This morning he announce that he has developed a new superpower and that this is the ability to see germs with his naked eye. Not surprisingly, this superpower causes me some mild concern. I am going to hope he forgets about it.


Harry (the dog) came down with an ear infection last night. He is still so sweet natured, I might never have realized anything was wrong but he kept flapping his ears all night and it drove me crazy. I took him to the vet in between games and he should be better soon.


So I am about as far from being a clothes horse as one can be. But one of the moms at soccer told me about a shoe store that is changing owners and they are clearancing the entire stock for ridiculous prices. And because they already switched the name, nobody realizes there is a clearance sale. So of course I had to go check it out. 8 pairs of shoes (Merrill, Kenneth Cole, and Eastlands) for $68. I'm still kind of in shock. Mars is in retrograde.

2 comments:

Francine said...

Well it's good to know that some good comes of the retrograde. Balances out all the really weird stuff going on! :)

Scrap for Joy said...

How can you NOT tell the locals where this wonderful store is?? :)
Joyce