Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Because summer is like that

I was in a horrible, foul mood earlier today because of more work stuff. It doesn't take much (related to my job) these days to send me over the edge. Our departure for Punta Cana can not get here soon enough.

So anyway, horrible, foul mood made a little bit worse because I felt like I needed to take the kids to the pool and truth be told, I don't really like going to the pool all that much. It's hot and wet and nothing gets crossed off my endless to-do list while we are swimming. But I sucked it up and we went and had a great time! The kids are old to swim around in the big pool now so no more sitting for hours at the side of the baby pool wondering how much longer. And when it was finally time to go, the horrible, foul mood was a distant memory.

Charlie told me this was the best day of his life - better than Disney even. And Gracie told me she is going to live with me forever. Dude. This is what makes all the bad days worth it.

No comments: