Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Okay, this is a life moment to remember

My faithful blog readers will recall my issues with our dryer (and thank you for the suggestion of Dormont Appliance!) I've procrastinated doing anything, mainly because I hadn't done any laundry in over a week until yesterday. But it emits a loud high pitched squeak heard far and wide. And there is a little bird who lives in our front yard that we believe has fallen in love with our dryer. When it squeaks, the little bird squeaks back. And sometimes, if it stops squeaking, the little bird makes forlorn little squeaking sounds that distinctly sound like "hey, where did you go? Come back!" The kids have taken to pulling a chair to window to listen for the bird whenever I turn the dryer on. Endless hours of free entertainment! Alas, the little bird will soon be permanently forlorn as Justin is getting our new dryer today. The little bird may love the squeak but mommy, not so much.

No comments: