Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Being a parent is a constant source of amazement

as Grace yells from the bathroom "Mom, I know what 3 + 3 + 3 is." I reply "mmmhmmmm" as I focus on sorting through the bazillion papers that have come home from Charlie's school this week. "It's 9 mom!" What? Where does she learn this stuff? And if she's smart enough to figure out adding three figures together, why can't she learn how to clean her room?

We had an awesome morning. I kept her out of preschool this morning so that I could go get some Tea Tree Oil shampoo to protect her from a lice outbreak at school. So we headed into the city and visited all the stores we don't usually have time to visit. I think in another life, I would love to manage a Whole Foods store.

I keep forgetting to mention that I am going to teach my very first scrapbook class. Okay, it's going to be a "learn how to scrapbook" class at the library but you have to start somewhere, right? And I will come up with a more imaginative title than that. Or not. I think my focus group is all over 70 so maybe I should keep it simple.

No comments: