Friday, November 9, 2007

The monkey house smells bad

Well, not anymore. But Grace had a wicked stomach virus yesterday. Everything is washed and lysoled and disinfected. So I guess it might still smell bad but at least it's eau d'lysol today.


Justin and I went to Charlie's parent teacher conference this morning. Ever since I called her asking her about the curriculum, she has us pegged for those meddling, interfering parents who put our child's name on the waiting list for Harvard the day after he was born. After our meeting this morning, it seems unlikely she will change her assessment. Happily, she still seems to like our kid. She has observed his perfectionist, anxious tendencies and she agrees that's our biggest concern right now. She said kids like Charlie get to MIT and then freak out when they get a "B". Justin said, we don't really care about MIT, we just want him to be happy. I don't think she believed us.


So I'll tell you what is making me the most happy about my kids these days. And it's that their new favorite cartoon is Scooby Doo. I was such a fan of that cartoon back in the day that my nickname was (and remains to certain loved ones) "Scooby". So we are going to spend this morning off from school watching the Scooby Doo marathon and eating cinnamon toast. Because that's the kind of things kids should do.

No comments: