Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I should have pictures to go with this post

but I have been a bad scrapbooker and left the camera at home so I could just enjoy watching my kids learn to ice skate.


And it has been an ear-splitting grin kind of adventure. Charlie took to it like he was born with skates on his feet. After only two lessons, he is a tasmanian devil out there. Gracie is a little bit more timid... which is odd because in real life, it's the exact opposite. But she is tiptoeing along, even after watching the figure skaters, determined that she is going to be a hockey player.


Tonight the hockey team that has the rink after lessons didn't feel like waiting to get on the ice so the boys (and they were all boys) were racing around the fledgling skaters, dodging and jumping and being boys. And then one of them got his finger caught under someone else's skate. Ugh. It was at that moment that I decided I'm not sure I have the stomach for this sport. My kids are undeterred though and convinced that this is the coolest thing on earth. So on we skate.

No comments: