Monday, January 28, 2008

How cute are these?

I discovered this mushroom jar in a thrift shop and I had to have it. I don't know why I had to have it but there you go. A mystery of the psyche. Perhaps my mother decorated my 1970's baby nursery with mushrooms. I think I need more buttons.

And the same goes for the these vintage Christmas balls (mixed in with some new ones that were conveniently sitting in my scraproom.) It was the single light pink one that did it. Because what scraproom is complete without some old Christmas ornaments?

My new computer crashed this morning. Eventually I got it to turn on and then the system recovery took over. I had to re-load some stuff but it seems to be intact. It keeps asking me to turn it off so it can complete the update but after doing that about 15 times, I've decided to ignore it and pretend that everything is fine.

So how do those photos look? I spent a good portion of the day yesterday learning about Photoshop actions and then buying some and playing with them. I went with the Elements and Sweet Pea collections at Apple of My Eye Designs which you can check out here: http://www.freewebs.com/appleofmyeyedesigns/actions1.htm. Photo editing can become addictive. Justin and I also spent some time playing with my camera and I think I've got the aperture stuff figured out. Did I ever mention that I had to drop the photography class I took for fun in college because the evil art snob of a professor was going to fail me? Yes, well. I'm still working on learning everything I didn't learn in that class.

Charlie seems to have the flu. So while the flu shot apparently didn't keep him from getting it, hopefully it will keep it from being bad and he won't get pneumonia this year. As long as he gets to play his Nintendo DS and lay on the couch, he doesn't seem to care about being sick. It's a good gig if you can get it.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I have been going through a button faze too lately! Too weird! I was trying to figure out how I wanted to store my buttons & really like how your jar looks! Like your ribbons jars & those ornaments too!! I've got to find me a cool thrift store to haunt!! LOL!!

Vivian Masket said...

Yummy photos! I need to get me some actions. Oh, wait, first I'd actually have to buy PSE! :) (I let my trial lapse.)