Monday, January 14, 2008

Today is the day!

I am sitting here waiting impatiently for DHL to bring the new computer. Seriously. That is my plan for the day. Fretting about making the switch, will the router software work, will all the Vista patches work, will we figure out how to transfer stuff from one computer to the other. It's all going to go smoothly, right?


Grace is watching Ratatouille and it's making me hungry. Weight Watchers is fantastic as long as I don't think about how much of a food snob I am and how much I love to eat really good food. But I'm going to have shed a bag of sugar at the end of this first week and that's better than gorgonzola. Sure it is.


We had a fun weekend. Justin and I went to see Second City courtesy of my friend Jen who works for the theater and got us half-price tickets. And then he picked a pan-Asian fusion restaurant for his birthday dinner. Yesterday he and Charlie cut out and sanded Charlie's pinewood derby car - it looks incredible! For awhile, Charlie thought he'd end up with a triangle car but darned if those boys didn't create a recognizable Firebird.


It's snowing steadily and Justin is going to the hockey game tonight so after the computer arrives, I think our game plan will be to build a fire and play board games on the floor. Grace only has a week and a half of winter vacation left so we need to take advantage of it!

No comments: