Monday, January 7, 2008

A little known secret from our house

is that New Year's resolutions don't begin until January 7th. Justin's birthday is on the 6th and we've come to the realization it's just easier to start good habits the day after since we know we aren't going to be good on his birthday. It gives us an extra week to procrast.... I mean, it gives us another week to plan how we're going to implement all those lofty goals.


So today was day 1 of no computer in the morning. Pretty painless. Probably going to be the most difficult resolution to keep because I do love to catch up on everything that happened overnight. But instead of computer time, I read a book to the kids, did a load of laundry, took out the garbage and the getting ready for school routine was much smoother than usual. So I know this is an important one to keep.


And then it was time to hit the grocery store. Since we are cooking through Nigella's cookbook AND I am starting Weight Watchers again, this was bound to be an expensive trip. It was painful. Even more painful when we got home because I discovered...


as I suspected when switching loads the first time this morning, our washing machine is not working. It does not seem to spin. Which is just what I want to hear 3 days after buying both a new computer and last minute plane tickets for a last minute girls' getaway. (More on that later.) Hopefully my handy husband will be able to figure it out. Why oh why do appliances not seem to last more than 5 years anymore?


I have lots of scrapbook stuff to upload and I'm impatient for the new computer to get here so I can do that. Until then, we'll have to pretend that the all black and white visual from the text is very appealing to the eye.

2 comments:

*Paula* said...

oh you are brave...no computer in the morning. that would be VERY tough for me. Good luck! And I hope you get the washing machine figured out. Which reminds me, must unload laundry!

Vivian Masket said...

I should follow your lead on the no morning computer, but man, that would be a challenge! Here's hoping your washing machine decides to fix itself!