Thursday, January 10, 2008

Some housekeeping

DHL tried to deliver the computer today. They need a signature. I will not be here to sign until Monday. (So Sheila, that means I can't come over until the computer comes!) I really want the new computer yesterday.


Did you know Barack Obama doesn't put his hand over his heart when he sings the National Anthem? Yeah. So apparently, we shouldn't vote for him. Except that having heard and seen the National Anthem about 372,459 times, I don't remember ever seeing anyone around here put their hands over their heart either. Not that I've decided that I will vote for Barack. Just that I don't think anyone should decide NOT to vote for him because of some silly, misleading e-mail that's being forwarded by the right.


Day 4 of Weight Watchers and going strong. My scale wasn't working for the first two days (it regularly gets soaked when the kids take a splashy bath and then has to dry out) so I don't know what I started at. It's probably better that way. When I finally weighed in yesterday, I only weighed 3 pounds more than when I started Weight Watchers in the first place 3 years ago. It could have been a lot worse.


I have to be in court all day tomorrow. I don't really know what else to say about that. The lighting in the courthouse gives me a migraine (every.single.time.) so that's something to look forward to. Resolution. That's also something. I've been mulling over lots of things about my job and the legal system lately. My dad says if I quit, I can't complain about the system not working anymore. I do love to complain. I wonder how many people really have a job they love. Probably not that many. So maybe I should stop whining about my job.


So far, so good on the other resolutions too. I've caught myself a few times with the "not right now" or saying no to a book but I always amend to explain specifically when I will follow through and I've done it. And the no computer in the morning got drastically easier after the second day. It must be like giving up cigarettes.

1 comment:

Vivian Masket said...

Ah yes, gotta love those emails! Although I've got to say that after angrily responding to and/or quoting snopes back to those kinds of emails time after time people have learned not to forward them to me. :)