Friday, January 11, 2008

Long day, good day

And I am so very glad it is over. I'm ready to relax and enjoy Grace's last full week of winter break. Preparation (and the accompanying stress) for today's hearing has been ongoing since the beginning of December and it is so nice to have it behind me. As always, the anticipation was much worse than the reality.


Tonight was the first night of the cook through Nigella Express challenge. We have to cook about 4 recipes per week and I made two tonight... Mirin glazed salmon and moonblush tomatoes. I put a picture on the photoblog. Having already confessed that I don't eat seafood, it probably is no surprise that the salmon was not my favorite meal ever. The sauce was delicious. It just would have been more delicious over a chicken breast. And I failed to read the tomato recipe ahead of time that indicated the tomatoes had to sit in the oven overnight. They were okay and I will definitely make that recipe again the proper way as it was fast and has only 2 Weight Watchers points.


So through a combination of factors, I only got about 2 hours of sleep last night. Justin took pity on me and took the kids to a basketball game at the highschool tonight. He suggested I might have a party but it's an early bed-time kind of a night. Just as soon as I finish this very strange glass of chocolate wine that my brother sent me for Christmas. Public Service Announcement: Chocolate wine tastes as weird as it sounds.

2 comments:

*Paula* said...

it does sound wierd. thanks for the chuckle. get some rest!

Vivian Masket said...

Hope you get lots of sleep tonight!