Saturday, August 4, 2007

Baby it's hot hot hot

The thermometer in my car actually stopped working today but the sign at the bank said it was 100 degrees at 11:30. I believe I've posted before my theory about productivity, the third world and air conditioning. It's hard to get anything done on days like this - Justin and I spent most of the day trying to conserve energy, alternating between grumpy and lazy, and feeling guilty for not wanting to venture outside.

Little man tested for his green belt this morning and we were surprised and proud when he volunteered to do his form by himself. This is a big step in the world of tae kwon do - you can't move up to the more disciplined Karate for Kids until you demonstrate the self-confidence to do the form without the instructor's direction. So, in typical Charlie fashion, he decided to turn this proud moment into something, and asked us to take him to lunch. Okay. To the Golden Corral. Oh. Now not to denigrate this fine restaurant or anyone who is a big fan, but I am not. Not a big fan of the buffet in general. But to a kid who thinks macaroni is a food group and can eat a pint of strawberries in 5 minutes flat, Golden Corral must seem like heaven.

The only benefit to this outing (at least as far as I was concerned) was that everyone had such a big lunch that I didn't feel the need to cook for dinner. Sandwiches and zucchini all around. Lazy days of summer indeed.

No comments: