Friday, September 28, 2007

Fall is creeping onto the mountain



I had a bazillionty things I "needed" to do today. That is the technical term of course. And I looked at the lists and the piles and the laundry and the calendar and I ran to the mountains instead. If I can't have the sea, the mountains are a close second for calming my soul, bringing peace and order to the chaos that sometimes threatens to consume my every thought.

And that's not to suggest I'm in a bad place right now; quite the contrary, as I look back on where I was last year at this time, things are great. Part of that is the learning to let go... to leave the lists and the piles and get away. And the biggest part is ceding control of the universe - accepting responsibility for only those things which are my problem and learning to live with the imperfections that are part of being human.

Next year I need to remember not to schedule anything for October - there are precious few days in this most favorite of all months and as I look at our calendar, it is far too full. Next year, I am blocking off every single day.

No comments: