Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Yesterday he was faking

Today, not so much. I hoped this might teach him a valuable lesson about the boy who cried wolf but instead it just convinced him that he really did have a stomach virus yesterday morning even though he didn't get sick until this morning. Sigh.


And it's a disastrous day for him to be sick. The kids had an important appointment this afternoon that will be difficult to reschedule. He has karate tonight and can't afford to miss any more classes if he wants to test on time next month. And poor Gracie will have to miss another day of school because I can't risk taking Charlie in the car for the long drive to and from her school. Twice. Sigh again. Oh yeah, and I have to explain to his teacher that yes, yesterday he was faking (I ended up taking him in before lunch) but today he really is sick. Really.


Well that's enough whining, don't you think? In much happier news, my mom has a second interview today. Her company relocated to Tupelo, Mississippi (management) and China (factory) in March. She declined to re-locate with them and has been job searching ever since. She has heard this phrase over and over "you are fantastic but we are going to hire someone who more closely fits our profile." This is code for "someone who is not 50+ years old and makes as much money as you did." But the company she is going back to today seems very interested. They contacted her references. They gave her two, very complicated homework assignments. She is very nervous. But it would be perfect - it's close to home (unlike everything else and even her former position) and it's a family-owned company which would be a breath of fresh air after the evil, baby killing, environment polluting, multi-national corporation she worked for until now.


Is my glum mood showing? I listened to much of the Petraeus hearing yesterday and it was very depressing. Justin and I stayed up venting about the state of things for quite some time so between the sad state of our country, a very short night of sleep and Charlie's illness, I think I am glum. That's a sign I should sign off until a better mood appears ;)

No comments: