Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I do believe I was snookered

by my darling child. His sister stayed home from school yesterday with a cold and asthma complications. A stomach virus is going around his school. See the connection? This morning he had a horrible stomach ache and headache. Blah blah blah, he felt terrible. I checked his temperature, he was maybe a teensy bit warm. And then he told me he had (brace yourself)


diarrhea.


There is a very funny talk show here in Pittsburgh and one of the hosts says this is the best excuse ever. No one ever questions you about it. No one need see proof. You just say you have it and people nod knowingly and back away from you slowly.


So I gave him the benefit of the doubt (okay, all the while muttering at him that he'd better not be faking or else...) and I let him stay home from school and come with me to work. Funny how he seems to be fine now. His horrible stomach cramps aren't interfering with his enjoyment of the morning at all. Snookered. He is so going to regret this.

No comments: