Monday, September 24, 2007

Is this Groundhog Day?

Sometimes it feels like we're living in that movie - doing the same things over and over again. Gracie had a headache this morning but I gave her some Advil and she seemed okay. She went to school and then on to play with her friend while I scrapped with mine but as soon as I loaded her in the car to come home, she started to cry and didn't stop. She can't tell me what hurts and she doesn't know what is wrong but plainly, she doesn't feel well again. She did take a minute to add a new wish - she wished that she was always a baby so she can stay with me all the time. I like that one!


I got Charlie all excited about school today - I convinced him he was finally going to learn something today and he was ready! But when I picked him up, he had that now familiar glum look on his face. What did you learn today buddy? Nothing. Come on, you had to learn something! What did you do in math? We colored more shapes. Ugh. Luckily, I planned ahead and bought a new educational software program so when we got home, I set him up on the computer and he got to play with some very basic equations. And now he's reading a new book. Guess it's time for a conference with the teacher. No Child Left Behind will not destroy the love of learning in my child.


And now, that elusive, quiet, peaceful feeling has descended on our home. Gracie napping, Charlie reading, dinner in the oven. I could live this part of the day over and over again with no complaint.

No comments: