Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I was being cranky


that some of the blogs I read haven't been updated and then it occurred to me that I haven't updated either.

I'm tired. And disheartened. And let's face it, that's not the best frame of mind in which to blog. More bad news at the dermatologist. More waiting for biopsy news. I've got surgery for the first one scheduled for this Saturday so that's at least something.

And I've tried to shop on-line for some sort of cover-ups to buy for our impending beach trip and found nothing. And I'm wondering if the anniversary trip to the Dominican Republic in August is really such a great idea. I have never been one for laying in the sun to get tan, because, well, I don't tan, and I can't sit still for that long. But I do love to wander up and down the beach for hours and sit and read and drink Coronas. Somehow that all seems like it will be a little bit less fun if I have to be dressed like a mummy. At the very least, it will be more hot and more sweaty and I'm also not a fan of the hot and sweaty. Perhaps I should stop whining now.

Justin is going away for his annual golf trip at the end of the week and I'm trying to plan some fun while he's away. The kids are staying at my mom's on Friday so I'm hopefully having some friends over for some crafting and margaritas. Then I want to take them to see Shrek the 3rd on Saturday or Sunday.

I want to end this on a happy note. I have some really great friends in my life right now. I think everyone goes through seasons of friendships in life and people you once loved move on or move away and it's not always easy for people my age to make new friends. There have been times when I didn't feel like I had any truly close friends at all. So, I want to say thank you to you guys. And you know who you are. For offering to watch my kids. For calling or e-mailing just to check in. For being silly and for going shopping and for talking about stuff that only true friends can talk about together ("he did what?!!?!!?). For letting me see your house in its natural state. For gleefully bashing the Bush administration (insert evil little smiley guy right there!) and for not rolling your eyes too much when I launch into a soliloquy about the artistic genius of U2. Thank you.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Hugs to you, dear one!

Great layout, I like the color combo and I've not been brave enough to do a big circle like that.