Sunday, May 20, 2007

Transparencies and time-outs








I made this little garden journal with some of my photos from last weekend. I've never really done anything with transparencies before so it was a learning experience.

The kids and I seem to have reached the end of the idyllic, all fun weekend. They had more sugar in 2 days than they probably had in the 2 months preceeding and I've exhausted my reserve of wild and crazy mom ideas. Cause no matter how hard I try, I'm not really wild and crazy. I told them they could where whatever they wanted today... pj's, costumes, etc. and they took me up on it for awhile but then seemed bored by the idea of it and put regular clothes on. They are playing in the tub for the 2nd time today so at least they're clean!

And we went back to regular, healthy food so the sugar high is wearing off. Thankfully, Grace was out of control this morning and spent nearly 30 minutes in time-out on the chair because she refused to apologize for screaming at her brother and then spit at me everytime I asked her whether she was ready to get down. She finally decided she would apologize if she could do it in Spanish.

I started reading through Harry Potter for the bazillionth time last night. It's not too long until the last book comes out so it's time to prepare. I'm only 3/4 of the way through the first one and I've gone back and forth on Snape 3 times already. I really think there are huge clues in that first scene between Snape and Harry... when he asks Harry what asphodel and wormwood make (a sleeping potion so powerful it is known as the Draught of Living Death) and what a bezoar is (a stone from the stomach of a goat that will save you from most poisons.) I guess I don't really believe Dumbledore isn't dead but it seems so prescient to go back and read that first interaction - JKR rarely throws in anything like that randomly so I do wonder the significance. Remember in the scene in Dumbledore's office immediately after his death - his portrait is already hanging on the wall by the other headmasters but Dumbledore is sleeping. Awfully convenient, don't you think?

Or perhaps I need to find a support group.












2 comments:

Scrap for Joy said...

Hi Sarah! Because of your awesome pics from Phipps, I have decided that I must take my sister (from NJ) and 2 cousins (from Iowa) to see this. I enjoy your blog...takes me back to when my "little ones", (now in their 30's!) were small. Haven't seen you in the store (YMP) for a while-hope to see you sometime. Joyce

Mimi said...

Love it! What did you use for the cover - chipboard? I'm making an album for the first time, and having a hard time with the chipboard - what do you cut it with? I know, questions, questions.