Sunday, May 6, 2007

Scrapbook hangover

For the scraplift from your BOS challenge

For the scrap a joke challenge


For the scraplift yourself challenge


Yesterday was National Scrapbook Day and I played along all day at 2 peas. Well except for all the time I spent cooking, cleaning, doing laundry and going to soccer. But you know, all day in mom-speak.

Cinco de Mayo is always a big day in our house too... yummy Mexican food and margaritas all around. I'm going to take the unprecedented step of posting a recipe here because I swear this might be the most delicious stuff I've ever made. Justin scoffed when I told him that... until he tasted it! This is seriously good. (Edited note: I have no idea how to format this recipe. Somedays my formatting works and somedays, despite by best efforts, not so much. Sorry!)

Enchilada Sauce
1 T vegetable oil
1/4 t ground cinnamon
1 c diced onion
3 T all-purpose flour
3 T chopped garlic
5 T hot chili powder
1 t dried oregano
4 1/2 c chicken broth
1 t ground cumin
1 oz. semi-sweet chocolate

Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Saute onion until tender. Stir in garlic, oregano, cumin and cinnamon; saute for a few minutes.

Stir in flour and chili powder, stirring until sauce thickens. Slowly whisk in chicken broth; reduce until sauce reaches desired consistency. Stir in chocolate until well melted and well blended.

Enjoy!

No comments: