Monday, May 28, 2007

My confession

I am decoration challenged. Just as I am embellishment challenged, I have absolutely no skills when it comes to envisioning interior spaces (or exterior spaces for that matter.) As a result, our house is strangely barren. Virtually no pictures on the walls, one "trial" valance on one window, no cute Pottery barn style coordinating furniture. I am reluctant to make choices for fear that I will make a mistake so I have just done nothing. We've been in this house for 5 years.

So, we've decided we're going to tackle it piece by piece. We are in the midst of planning a massive renovation and I'm going to make some effort to learn about this stuff so I can make some decisions. I may end up just copying stuff verbatim from a magazine but that is much better than the alternative.

And today we are tackling some exterior stuff. I am going to pick a patio set. Maybe a canopy. Maybe a hammock. Maybe none of it when I look at all the choices and find myself freezing up with indecision. Definitely a hammock though. Gotta get one of those.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

You and I are so alike on this, it's scary.