Monday, May 7, 2007

One more for posterity


Yesterday was very lowkey. Justin started painting the swingset, the kids played outside, I put sand in the sandbox. Not much to blog about there. Lovely day, boring recitation.

Today Gracie and I are going on her field trip to the Children's Museum. Back in the day when we decided I would be at home with the kids as much as possible, one of my motivations was so that I could always be the mom who got to go on field trips with her kids. So why am I dreading today's event so much? And why did I deliberately not sign up to chaperone Charlie's field trip next week? Cause I've been on one or two of these field trips by now and I know it's a heck of lot more fun to take your kids to these places on your own than it is to cram everyone together in a bus, drive slowly to the location, deal with the chaos, the lines, the screaming and running that 72 young children create and then get back on the bus for the trip back home. Fun stuff!

1 comment:

Francine said...

Hope your trip was fun ;) Love this layout, the strips with the hearts is totoally genius!!