Monday, May 28, 2007

Well, errr... not exactly

Yep, it happened again. I got to the first store and felt confident. I picked some stuff out. We went to the next store and my brain started to freeze. Too many choices. Don't know what I want. We hit another store and another and at that point, I was a blubbering mess of possibilities. Do I want a nice little patio set? Gazebo with overstuffed furniture and a fire ring? A rustic craftsman style thing to sit on a deck? Aack!!!!!


Came home with nothing except 4 (yes 4!) different books that will hopefully give me some direction. I spent the afternoon sitting in a sad little lawnchair, wearing a floppy hat, re-reading The Prizoner of Azkaban and humming along to the soundtrack from Pirates 3. As I told Justin, I am about to be 34 years old and I no longer have to pretend that I have been or ever will be cool at any point in my life. It is time to embrace my geekiness.

No comments: