Wednesday, May 30, 2007

What day is it?

I've been totally confused since this morning. Yesterday, Justin took pity on my confused state and went and picked up a table and chairs to sit on the patio he is constructing. He took most of the afternoon off to put it together and once I got home from work, we were all in the yard together for hours playing catch, playing with the hose, reading, etc. We only came in when it was time for the kids to go to bed.

Now this is so completely unlike our normal Tuesday routine that I woke this morning feeling as though yesterday was Sunday. Which meant today is Monday. Every once in a while I realize what day it actually is and it's like a little treat to discover the real weekend is only 2 more days away.

I complained a while ago about Pittsburgh weather and how the nice days when you can stand to be outside are few and far between. This spring has been a uncharacteristic delight. But today is a classic Pittsburgh summer day; scorching hot and the humidity rising by the minute. I tried valiantly to play outside with Grace and do some gardening but I had to admit defeat by 1:00. The new table and the Goblet of Fire sit outside the window calling to me but the central air is winning.

No comments: