Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Things that make you go "huh?"

I think I was unclear in that last post - I meant WE have booked the babysitter and we are all set up to attend Pirates tomorrow. Purely a post of joy! No sarcasm intended at all.

Today has just been a weird day. It started off on the wrong foot after Justin and I had a little spat about taking out the garbage. But we made up; Gracie and I ran around doing errands, shopped for summer clothes, visited the scrapbook store, picked up Justin's medals from his last wine competition and then we met him for lunch at Red Robin. So far, so good.

We came home and goofed around for a bit and I handed Gracie her leotard to put on for gymnastics. This is the 2nd leotard this year because she somehow lost her other one when I went to CKU. Strangely, between me handing it to her and the next 5 minutes, she lost this one as well. We've looked everywhere and I have no idea where it went. She's not allowed into the gym without the leotard so we are out of luck.

So then we picked Charlie up from school and he saw the Red Robin balloon and promptly burst into tears that he didn't get to go out to lunch. Should have seen that one coming. Then he discovered we weren't going to gymnastics due to the misplaced leotard and began signs of hysteria - he gets to play gameboy there so I thought this was the problem. I decided he needed a nap and I assured him he'll get to play gameboy later tonight and that it was still pizza night (his very favorite). At this point, he began hyperventilating because he wanted to watch Grace do gymnastics. I made him lay down, snuggled him for a few minutes and he fell instantly to sleep.

I sure hope he can find his tae kwon do uniform when he wakes up!

No comments: